May 14, 2007

An Ingersoll Moment

Ingersoll was a great atheist. A promoter of free and independent thought. Not to be bogged down by religion. I wasn't sure if he believe in a greater force or not, but I know for sure that he refused to accept the Christian god presented by the bible. At the moment, i'm taking an Agnostic stance. Still unsure of god, but I know that I wont accept the god presented in Christianity.

I quote:

"But," says the religionist, "you cannot explain everything; you cannot understand everything; and that which you cannot explain, that which you do not comprehend, is my God."

We are explaining more every day. We are understanding more every day; consequently your God is growing smaller every day.


Our ignorance is God; what we know is science.


-Robert Green Ingersoll (The Gods 1872)

1 comment:

Melbert said...

haha, that was excellent!