November 30, 2008

Bragging Rights

I stood on the field. Watching Stanford score two touchdowns. What was going on? Cal.. dont let them score again. Wait... two minutes. Shit. Freshmen! OFF THE FIELD!

I found myself running, holding Bri's camera to my body to keep it from bouncing around. Ushering the freshmen off the field. Trying as fast as possible to get them out and away. Two were slow and stupid to respond. I had to push them harder.

MOVE IT! DO YOU WANT TO GIVE UP THE AXE LIKE THIS?

I know they couldn't lose the axe, but apparently, we couldn't be on the field otherwise we wouldn't be given the axe. I rushed them off, away from the doors and into the stands. Very douchebaggy of me. But that was policy. We needed to be in the stands and linked up. I later found out there were more gripes about that one girl. Misbehaving in basketball, etc.

We got it back. Bragging rights. For a year, I could not stand Stanfordonts rubbing the axe thing in my face. Lets be honest for a second. I had dinner with the Stanford ax committee. They're awfully nice folks. But awkward. We showed them our drinking song, they showed us a strange drinking game. I'll go over it a little.

2 people
Do you want to buy a duck?
A what?
A duck
Does it quack?
Of course it quacks

3 people

2nd person: Do you want to buy a duck?
A what?
A what?
A duck
A duck
Does it quack?
Does it quack?
Of course it quacks
Of course it quacks

4 people

and so on and so on. A more detailed explanation: http://www.mbinde.com/games/duck/

Any how, I should be off. Have a good day, Go Bears!

No comments: