April 18, 2010

California: Arbor and Bird Day Annual

I started this project on my own on Wednesday, April 14th, 2010. You can kinda see, it's on size C paper, 24 by 36. I like working with new sizes of paper and especially a new way of drawing. Before I used to use a pencil to outline everything and before that, I did everything free hand. I'm doing a lot less nowadays. I started using blue pencil, and I like the way it works out.

Here's a close up of some of the lettering. You can see some of the design outlined in the blue pencil. It doesn't show up in photocopies!

I haven't worked on this thing for four days. But now it's sunday. I've started working on the project again, and finally got to outlining everything.

I'm proud of this part most in particular.

Here are some of the tools I use. The Rapidograph #3, a Number 5 Ink Letterer, Rapidograph ink and a ruler.

No comments: